Monday, March 10, 2014

Burlap lace and rose canvases


Hello! As many people may know, I am obsessed with burlap. I LOVE burlap. So a few months back I decided I wanted to make some cute burlap canvases with pink and white lace with pink and white roses. I wasn't sure how to go about it but I knew I wanted to make roses out of material. I was browsing google on how to make roses out of material when I came across several blogs on how to make t-shirt roses. I loved how they looked so I looked up youtube on how to make them. I got an old shirt of the college I went to and cut up strips to make these roses. I didn't have a pink shirt so I decided to dye some of those strips. I had some red food coloring that I had bought to make candles. I poured several drops in water and then just dipped the strips for an hour. I had to play it by ear because I did not know what I was doing here. lol I was afraid they were going to be too pink and I wanted a light pink. I was able to get the perfect light pink color through experimenting. I made sure I squeezed all the water out and just hung them with clothespins. I put a towel under the strips in case they dripped any water. I let them dry overnight. In the meantime I made the white roses and hot glued white and pink pearls in the center of them. I also decorated the burlap canvases with lace and ribbon. For the pearl flowers I just hot glued pearls into the shape of a flower and then put tiny string beads on each open corner. These were a pain in the butt to do. It takes a lot of patience to do because they will keep falling apart. I'm a jobless military wife who has lots of time in her hands so I have room for patience. lol Its been hard trying to find a job. It took me several tries to get them right. Once the pink strips were dry I proceeded to make the roses. It took me a few days just to figure out how I wanted to place these roses on the canvases but in the end I was very pleased with the turnout. I love how they look in my desk! Here is what they look like!

I am a bit disappointed that my pictures would not come out the way I wanted them to. The light that comes into my apartment is terrible. I wasn't able to capture the actual colors of the canvases. I used the flash too and I just wasn't happy with how they were coming out. So I took them with my Ipad. lol It was the only thing that capture the true colors of my canvases. Here are more close ups of my creations







 





So there you have it! My burlap, lace rose canvases! I have other crafts I have coming up so I can blog about them. Until next time!

Nayeli

No comments:

Post a Comment