Friday, January 3, 2014

DIY Valentines Day Heart Shaped Candy Box


I did these cute Valentines heart shaped boxes today. It doesn't necessarily have to be a candy box. You can use it for many things. You can put chocolate covered strawberries inside, homemade soaps, or jewelry. All you need is:

1 or 2 cardboard heart shaped boxes. (I got mine at Joann's)
Fine Red Glitter
Fine Pink Glitter
Mod Podge
Paint Brushes
Red Acrylic Paint (optional)
Light Pink Acrylic Paint (optional)
Cutout Foam Hearts
Glue Gun

Here is what the outcome will look like












To make these boxes just keep on reading!

First, I painted the boxes with acrylic paint. This is optional. I painted them because I didn't want any of the brown from the cardboard showing. I painted one box red and the other a light pink. Allow to dry

 
 
 
Next with another brush, apply mod podge to the entire box. Then add the glitter. Allow to dry!
For the heart shaped foams, I bought a bag at Joann's. With the glue gun, glue the heart shaped foam onto the top cover of the box.
 

Here is what it should look like now.
 
And now you have the final product. Now you can add whatever you like and give it to that special someone!
 
 
This can also be done with children under the supervision of an adult since a hot glue gun is being used. Hope this was easy to follow!
 
Nayeli



No comments:

Post a Comment