Monday, January 13, 2014

Valentines Bird House

I went to Joanns Fabrics the other day and came across these cute bird houses that were on sale. They were $1.25 if I remember correctly. I could be wrong. I saw two that had hearts on them and I thought those would look cute as Valentines Day décor. So I bought two of them and also bought red and pink acrylic paints. I love glitter so I decided why not lets buy glitter! I bought pink and red extra find glitter. I got to painting as soon as I got home! At the same time I was working on my clay pot Valentines gumball candy dispenser. I used about 3 coats of paint for each bird house. Then I let them dry out for about an hour. Next with a brush I brushed the bird houses roof tops and bottom parts with Mod Podge Matte and sprinkled the extra fine glitter on them. Here is what they look like!

  Here is where I used my little Valentines Bird houses. I have a little office and I decided to decorate a small part of my office for Valentines. I know its early but I got to start getting ready for St. Patricks Day crafts in February. I am trying to do things one month ahead so I wont be behind on my blogs. I have been crafting like crazy for Valentines Day. You can see the heart shaped boxes I made from my previous blog post! lol I also made the clothespin wreath. The garlands I also made. I will be posting tutorials on how to make them on my blog soon!


Nayeli

No comments:

Post a Comment