Friday, January 3, 2014

Valentines Day Clay Pot Candy Dispenser

\
Hi! I came across this idea through pinterest. I thought it was perfect to have in my kitchen for Valentines. I have never decorated in February and decided I wanted to this year. I had a lot of fun making these cute gumball dispensers! They were very easy to make. All you need is

Clay pots and the little plates that come with them
Glass candle holder
Acrylic paints
Wooden balls
Ribbon (optional)
Heart Stencil
Hot glue gun

Here is what they look like. Instead of gum balls I used M&Ms and Hershey's kisses.


I am in love with these cute candy dispensers!


Here is what they looked like before I painted them.

Now, I bet you are wondering why I am doing Valentines crafts this early? Because when the month of February comes, everything is pretty much gone and its hard to find supplies. Right now Joann's has just started putting out the Valentines stuff so I took advantage of it.

So how did I make these cute candy dispensers? Here is how!

I began by painting the pots and the plates. One I painted red and the other light pink. I used about 3 coats.

Once they were dry I used some heart stencils I had laying around that I bought from by Martha Stewart. Then I proceeded to putting the dots on the bottom rim of the pot and the top. Let dry.

Next I painted the wooden balls and allowed to dry. Last, I glued the balls on top of the plates with the hot glue gun and then glued the glass candle holder to the clay pot. That is it!

If you want to put ribbon around the neck of the candy dispenser you like I did then go ahead! As far as candy, you can put any candy you like. Anytime you want candy, just lift up the lid and grab some!  Hope you enjoy making these candy dispensers as much as I did!

Source where I got this from is here!
http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2012/01/make-a-valentines-day-gumball-machine/

Nayeli

No comments:

Post a Comment