Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My husbands birthday card

Hi ^_^ I'm so behind on my blogs! I have been doing so many crafts lately that I havent had a chance to post all the crafts I've finished. Last week was my handsome husbands 29th birthday. The day before his birthday I was up late working on some felt flowers and made a batman birthday card for him before I went to bed. He loves batman so that is why I made him a batman card. Anyways, he was sleeping while I was making his card which was good because I wanted to surprise him in the morning before he goes to work. I like to leave cute post it messages taped at our door so he can see it when he walks out the door to go to work, so I taped his card on the door. He must have liked his card because he came into the bedroom while I was asleep and kissed me and said thank you for the birthday card. =^_^= I love my hubby. I wasnt done doing nice things for him for his birthday. He wanted me to make him one of his favorite dishes which was meat loaf and I did. It was super yummy! I finally mastered making mea tloaf haha. I found this recipe on a magazine and it is sooooo much better than the one I found on allrecipes.com. I have also been following some tips my sister in law had given me while I was visiting Texas back in January and the meat loaf turns out great. ^_^ For dessert I surprised him with an ice cream cookies and cream cake. It was delish! He finished it all in 2 days. lol  It was that good! Below is the card I made him and his birthday cake.
I made this card with construction paper.


This is the inside of the card with the message I left him. I'm hispanic so I put a little spanish in there. Mucho means A lot.



This is the batman template I used
For those who would like to make a special someone this card, all you need is glue,scissors to cut out the template, 2 black contruction paper, one yellow contruction paper, black pen to trace the oval circle of the batman template on the yellow paper, and white pencil to to trace the bat on the black paper.

I first cut out the batman template and traced the outer oval circle on the yellow paper with pen. I cut out that circle from the yellow paper and set it aside. Then from that same template I cut out the bat and then traced it on the black paper with the white pencil. I then cut out the traced bat. Now I just glued the bat on the yellow oval circle but make sure you flip the circle over so the pen markings wont show. Next I fold the second black paper in half and glue the batman logo in the middle. For the happy birthday letters I was pressed for time so I found a happy birthday template to print. I didnt have any letter stencils in hand so I looked for a template to print. I still had a good peice of the yellow paper left over so I cut a rectangle shape and then put it in the printer and printed the template. Then, I cut it out and glued it on the card. I tried to find the picture of the printable template I used but can't seem to find it. Its so much easier if you have stencils in hand and trace. Trust me!

========================================================================

This is the cake I got for my husband. It was so good! I would post a picture of my husband with his cake but im very private when it comes to posting our pictures in public. They are for family and close friends only.

After his birthday we went to go see The Dark Night Rises and had a nice date night. Our anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks so I have to figure out what I want to do for him. I'll keep everyone posted.

Nayeli

No comments:

Post a Comment